Chakras are an important part of your health. If you have ever been to a meditation class or you’ve taken yoga, you know that chakras are mentioned. The chakra on the top of your head is called the crown chakra. Understanding the role and purpose of the crown chakra is imperative to help you feel balanced and calm in your life. Balancing one chakra will help all of the others, and many people will start with the crown.
The Crown Chakra
The crown chakra is located on the top or crown of the head. It is actually the last of your chakras, not the first. In Sanskrit, the name is sahasrara or “thousand petals.” It is called this because it is said to look like a lotus with a thousand petals.
The energy of this chakra starts at the top of your head and it radiates upwards. It helps to express your consciousness and how it meets with the world. As you experience spiritual growth and connect more to the world, you are using your crown.
Your crown also helps with the transcendence of your limitations. It helps you to feel bliss as you meet your goals. The crown will also help you to move beyond your materialistic needs and connect with the rest of the world. You will be more grateful, enlightened, and aware of the world.
Key Characteristics of the Crown Chakra
In general, the crown chakra will help you to:
- See the beauty in everything
- Become aware of your need for enlightenment
- Spread the need for a unified world
- Reach serenity and bliss
There are many other things that the crown chakra can help with, but these are some of our favorites and the most impactful to your life.
How To Know If Your Crown Chakra Is Imbalanced
If your crown chakra is imbalanced, you will feel stress, emotional upset, and conflict. You can also see the results in some of your other chakras. Remember that chakras are interconnected and when one is blocked or imbalanced, you will feel it throughout your body.
When you have a blocked or imbalanced chakra, you may feel out of sorts or that you cannot handle the stress that comes your way. Other signs include:
- No inspiration
- Mental Fog
If you have an overactive crown chakra, you might feel the following signs:
- Lack of empathy
- A disconnection from events or your body
- Feelings of superiority
If you feel any of this, you will need to balance your crown chakra.
How to Balance Your Crown Chakra
To balance your crown chakra, there are a few different things that you can do. You want to regularly check that it is balanced and unblocked. To do this, try the following tasks:
- Write down what you need to let go of in terms of the materials you have in your life.
- Go outside and just connect with nature.
- Move your body – hike, yoga, or going for a bike ride can all help with blockages.
- Meditate and focus on the crown chakra at the top of your head. Take what comes and learn what is causing your blockage.
- Recite affirmations about honoring yourself, the wisdom of the world, and peace.
- Use aromatherapy to unblock your chakra – try to use these oils: rosewood, frankincense, sandalwood, lemon, or quartz infused oil.
- Place a crystal quartz on your crown chakra or wear clear quartz jewelry.
This is just the first in our series of your chakras. We will move down the body and look at each one and how you can unblock them.